Sunday, February 1, 2009

My Promise

This past week has put my psyche to the test. I have failed. You see, I lost my Gramma this week. It was the same day I went over to my boyfriend's house and confronted him and said some things that cannot be undone. Gramma lived a long, happy, Christian life and I know she's home with the Lord. As my boyfriend/friend Mike said when he was talking about his mom and grandmother when she passed, I also believe that my Gramma is now with the love of her life, my Grampa. He died February 7, 1992 when I was a senior in high school. February 7th is also the day my uncle died. It's also my brother's birthday. And it's mine and Mike's anniversary of the day we met. The day that when both of us wanted to meet someone new, but take it slow. Little did I know how much he and I would start to care about one another so quickly. As Mike put it, we "just fit" and he made me feel so good when he told me that he was so happy he found someone like me who make him feel at ease and be himself. Now, 5 years later, we are in a spot where the only thing that is going to heal us is time apart.Things were said and done that we both regret.  Things I know we cannot take back. My friends want that Denise back. Mike wants that Denise back. And with the Lord's help, everyone will have that Denise back soon.

So I ask you - my friends, my family, and Mike (wherever you fit), I ask you to stand by me and know that this is what I want and believe can happen. It will not be overnight. It will take a couple of months, but it's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment