Sunday, February 8, 2009

Promises

I wrote this poem in my journal a little over a year ago...No need to say who it was written about.


Promises

I can't make a promise that things will alwaysbe perfect between us;
I can't make a promise that I will always shine.
I can't make a promise that I will not get on your nerves;
I can't make a promise that you will not get on mine.
I can't make a promise that I will never be moody;
I can't make a promise that I will always make my bed.
I can't make a promise that I will take your advice;
I can't make a promise that no tears will be shed.
But I can promise you that I will be myselfand never lead you on;
And I can promise that I will keep my attitude good and true.
I can promise that I will talk to you about my feelings;
And I can promise that I will listen to your points of view.
I can promise you that I will always try to make you smile;
And I can promise that you already brighten my day.
I can promise that I will never hurt you;
And I can promise that I am here to stay.

No comments:

Post a Comment